Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strawberry Pie


Strawberries are in season.

In an effort to eat healthier, I have been eating more berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, all chock full of yummy nutrients. I used to not eat them as much, because well, they're expensive! But I realized they're more expensive (and less tasty) in Hawaii so I'd better not complain. I usually consume them with plain yogurt but I suddenly had a craving for Strawberry Pie. Not just any pie, Anna Miller's Strawberry Pie.

There's a restaurant in Hawaii called Anna Miller's and they are especially known for their strawberry pie with custard. Alas, there is no Anna Miller's in New York (that I know of) but that ain't gonna stop me from having MY PIE!

So I made one. There wasn't an exact recipe I could find online so I had to cull different recipes together. The result? It came out pretty well. The pie crust was too hard and the strawberry topping was kind of messy looking, but the vanilla custard? Daaaamn that's good custard!

I'm planning to make an improved 2.0 version. In version 2.0 I plan to use a diabolical secret ingredient to make it far superior than the Anna Miller pie. Muahahaha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to see your recipe for Anna Miller's strawberry pie! I'm pregnant on Maui and I need that pie!